The St. Kateri Tekakwith Region held its annual chapter Sept. 13-14, 2019 in Syracuse.
Representatives from local fraternities across upstate New York and Erie, PA participated.
A highlight of the chapter was the triennial elections of regional servant leaders. National Councilor Donna Hollis, OFS, presided over the elections, with National Spiritual Assistant Fr. Christopher Panagoplos, TOR, serving as the pastoral witness.
The election results were:
• Minister Joanne Lockwood, OFS, of Holy Family Fraternity in Vernon, NY.
• Vice Minister Mary Momot, OFS, of St. Patrick Fraternity, Buffalo, NY.
• Treasurer Craig Miller, OFS, of St. Francis Fraternity, Binghamton, NY.
• Secretary Carol Onuffer, OFS, of St. Peter Fraternity, Erie, PA.
• Formation Director Layna Maher, OFS, of St. Thomas More Fraternity, Fonda, NY.
• Eastern Area Councilor Linda Quaranto, OFS, of St. Francis Fraternity, Binghamton, NY.
• Central Area Councilor John Balmer, OFS, of Our Lady of Angels Fraternity, Geneva, NY.
• Western Area Councilor 1: Roderick Quebral, OFS, of St. Thomas More Fraternity, Kenmore-Cheektowaga, NY.
• Western Area Councilor 2: Barbara Quebral, OFS, of St. Thomas More Fraternity, Kenmore-Cheektowaga, NY.
Appointed as regional spiritual assistants are Sr. Pat Larkin, OSF, of the Sisters of St. Francis of the Neumann Communities, and Mary Frances Charsky, OFS, of St. Francis Fraternity, Binghamton.
The region, which is composed of 23 local fraternities, encompasses most of upstate New York and a portion of northwestern Pennsylvania. It is one of 30 regions that comprise the Secular Franciscan Order in the United States of America.