|NASHVILLE, TN -- Five new regional ministers attended their first national chapter in Nashville Oct. 14-19. They are:
- Ed Feiler, SFO, of Baxter, MN, minister of Queen of Peace Region. Ed is a member of Fioretti Fraternity in Brainerd, MN. Prior to being elected regional minister, he served as regional vice minister and as minister of his local fraternity. In his professional life, he is a senior fisheries specialist with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. He has been active in the Knights of Columbus, Habitat for Humanity, a soup kitchen, and formerly with the Boy Scouts of America. In his parish he serves as a Eucharistic minister and lector. Ed and his wife, Pat, who is also a Secular Franciscan, have a son and a daughter.
- Hans D. Huemmer, SFO, of Casselberry, FL, minister of Five Franciscan Martyrs Region. Hans is a member of Lady Poverty Fraternity in Winterpark, FL. Prior to being elected regional minister, he served in a number of positions in his local fraternity. In his professional life, he is a trades tech for Orange County School Board. He is married to Suzanne Huemmer.
- Mary Anne Lenzi, SFO, of Centennial, CO, minister of Santa Maria de las Montanas Region. Mary Anne is a member of St. Clare Fraternity, Denver, CO. Prior to being elected regional minister, she served as vice minister of her region and as minister of her local fraternity. Currently a legal assistant, Mary Anne has worked in the legal field for most of her career. She holds a master's degree in social work and also worked in the area of health and mental health, particularly with geriatric populations. She is a Eucharistic minister at St. Thomas More Parish and a member of the Stephen Ministries Team.
- Mary Lou Scebelo, SFO, of New Fairfield, CT, minister of Fr. Solanus Casey Region. Mary Lou is a member of Sacred Heart of Jesus Fraternity in Danbury, CT. Prior to being elected regional minister, she served as regional vice minister and as minister, vice minister, formation director and secretary of her local fraternity. She has worked as a medical secretary and maintains a real estate license. At St. Edward the Confessor Parish in New Fairfield, she serves as Eucharistic minister and lector and co-leads Glory & Praise Gatherings and workshops. Mary Lou and her husband, Tom, have three sons and a granddaughter.
- Cindy Wesley, SFO, of Gualala, CA, minister of Bl. Junipero Serra Region. Cindy is a member of Il Poverello Fraternity in Sebastopol, CA. Prior to being elected regional minister, she served on her local fraternity council and also was responsible for the regional database and directory, which she continues to oversee. A teacher, Cindy is active in music ministry in her parish and serves on her parish steering committee. She and her husband, Jim, who is also a Secular Franciscan, have three daughters.
Media Contact: Robert Stronach, SFO
Ed Feiler, SFO
Hans Huemmer, SFO